Best Souvenirs/Gifts to take home from Morocco, what gifts to buy from Morocco?
Morocco offers a wide range of unique and beautiful souvenirs that you can bring back home to cherish your memories. We do our best to make most of the beautiful Moroccan products available in the U.S mainly in the beauty industry, also home décor and apparel but still if you get chance to visit Morocco there are so many other amazing products to bring with you.
Here are some ideas:
1. Moroccan Tea Set: Morocco known by the mint tea and the traditional Moroccan teapots and glasses, they come in so many different designs and colors, don't forget to check the lovely month-blown glasses, are perfect for tea enthusiasts or decorative pieces to add to your living room.
2. Handmade Pottery and Ceramics: Tagine is the most known and traditional dish from Morocco that you have to try if you visit Morocco, cooked slowly with varieties of recopies, the pots are available in many colors with glazed/unglazed clay and beautiful hand-painted plates and bowls, Moroccan ceramics make for lovely souvenirs for your kitchen or as a decorative items.
3. Moroccan Spices: Bring the flavors of Moroccan kitchen with you by purchasing a variety of aromatic spices like Saffron, Ras El Hanout, paprika, harissa and cumin...
4. Argan Oil: Argan is only made in Morocco is one of the top list souvenirs to bring from Morocco, you can find both for cosmetics and culinary use. if you visit any herbal store in the medina you can ask if they can freshly press your argan on the spot.
5. Traditional Moroccan Clothing: Consider buying a traditional Moroccan garment such as a djellaba or a Kaftan from the medina. Beautifully designed and comfortable outfits can be perfect to bring back for a pool parties, special occasions or unique additions to your wardrobe.
6. Moroccan Babouche: An excellent souvenir choice from Morocco that you can find specially in local market in Fez or Morrakech. These handmade leather slippers are not only stylish but also comfortable to wear, they come in various colors and designs, making it easy to find a pair that suits your taste.
7. Moroccan Leather: A significant part of the county's cultural heritage and represent the skill and artistry of Moroccan artisans. Many goods are available in leather like Babouches, jackets, purses, wallets, belts and other accessories.
8. Moroccan Kajal: In recent years, Moroccan Kajal has gained popularity worldwide as a natural and traditional alternative to commercial eyeliners, many people appreciate its rich black color, long lasting formula, and cultural significance.
9. Moroccan ancient beauty rituals: A reflection of the country's rich cultural heritage and the use of the natural, organic ingredients to enhance and maintain beauty like Ghassoul Clay, Moroccan Black Soap, Nila Powder, Argan Oil, Aker Fassi and many other natural beauty products.
Remember to explore local markets (Souks) where you can find an array of other authentic Moroccan souvenirs and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere. Happy Shopping!